May 14 2014
Great question. Please take this quiz to discover the reasons. (good luck)
Q: With increased motion are muscles around the joint: longer and more flexible or shorter and tighter?
A: longer and more flexible
Q: Muscles that are longer contract more effectively and efficiently and thus are stronger? True or False
Q: With more motion soft tissue adhesions that restrict joint motion tend to form more or less?
Q: Inflammatory chemicals trapped in muscles and joints pumps out faster or slower with increased motion?
Q: When you get adjusted you can breathe better, thus taking in more oxygen. True or False
Q: Can you breathe easier with good posture or bad posture?
A: Good posture
Q: Can chiropractic care help with your posture?
Q: What is the essential element for all cellular function, including the brain?
A: Yes oxygen.
Okay I get it chiropractic can affect every cell in my body. But how can I actually tell? Fair enough, so let’s take a look at what kind of changes most patients experience or can expect with CONSISTENT & REGULAR chiropractic care. Results may vary based on the starting point of an individual’s health, but with that said here are some things we CAN measure. You can check these things after each adjustment, weekly or monthly.
- Range of motion of your neck, rib cage and low back. (you should notice better, pain free motion)
- Posture (use your own camera/phone to take a pre & post picture)
- Ability to breathe (use your own camera/phone to take a pre & post video)
- Blood pressure (measure after each adjustment, long term as well)
- Energy level
- Getting a good night’s sleep (length of time you sleep & more restful)
- Pain level (this includes reoccurrence of pain)
- Diet changes (changing your awareness of health often motivates patients to make healthier choices)
- Weight changes (changing your awareness of health often motivates patients to make healthier choices)
- Exercise habits (changing your awareness of health often motivates patients to make healthier choices)
- Fewer colds (as the immune system functions at a higher level, you should get sick less often)
- Fewer headaches
- Decrease need for pharmaceutical drug
- Overall just feel better!
And this is why chiropractor’s want to get adjusted, even when they have not pain!
If you have more questions about the benefits of chiropractic care, talk to Dr. Lance Casazza.